Coenzyme Q10 is a sort of vitamin present in every single cell of the body and manufactured by the body by default. It is an important biochemical required to smoothly run the oxidation process of the glucose in the body to yield energy which is required by the body for proper functioning of the body parts. It is also one of the most important antioxidants which help the body to remove the harmful chemicals which somehow manage to get into the body. It is present in small amounts in almost all the foods but higher levels are present in organ meals like heart, kidneys, and liver. For vegetarians, it is available in soy oil, sardines, and peanuts.
This coenzyme is particularly important as it plays a pivotal role in safeguarding the brain and nerve cells from degradation.
This chemical has not been in use since very long. It is also known as vitamin Q 10 and in the USA it is one of the most frequently used dietary supplements. Despite the recent increase awareness in the general people, it is one of the most common deficiencies in the people of USA and is used as a dietary supplement very often Mode of Action The body uses Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) as the source of energy. Glucose in the body is converted to ATP by the cells. The conversion of glucose to ATP by the cells is the most important of all the reactions going in the body and is also possibly the most complicated one. A whole array of enzymes and coenzymes is involved in this conversion. Co-Enzyme Q-10 is one of the most important facilitators of this reaction and its deficiency can result in energy deprivation of the body.
A certain amount of Coenzyme Q 10 is necessary for the body to sustain. The supplementary Q10 has found to give the following benefits
- There is evidence of people using Q 10 having a lower risk of heart failure even if they have a genetic history of the disease
- It helps the body fight against the carcinogenic substances due to its antioxidant properties
- Elderly people have experienced an increased level of focus concentration and mental ability after taking the supplement
- Evidence suggest that it does increase memory and analytical ability
- Some of the users have also reported an overall increase in physical and mental activity of the body especially in the first 4 hours after taking the supplement
- Recovery from fatigue after exercise gets faster if Q10 is used
- Some researchers have also found some anti-aging properties related to the use of Q10
There have been no side effects in any of the users so far. The dosage depends on age, weight and physical activity of the user. Most of the positive effects related to the supplement can only be gained through the continuous use of the product for some weeks. For confirming the deficiency of the substance in the body, proper lab tests must be performed.