GABA is a chemical made in the brain normally and is important for the proper functioning of the brain and nervous system. GABA is the chemical involved directly in the decision making and thinking process. The chemical is being used as a dietary supplement since last thirty years and has been found to have a number of benefits. It prevents anxiety, High blood pressure, depression and other mental problems. It is also a nerve tonic and prevents the damage to nerves which can lead to disorders like sciatica and other severely painful diseases. GABA is advised by neuro-physicians very often to help increase cognitive abilities and prevent nerve damage and premature nerve cell death.
GABA is available in a number of naturally occurring foods including beef, mutton, and other meats. The substance cannot be obtained by simply consuming these foods as it is delicate and is denatured and destroyed by the heat of the cooking process. It is prescribed as a dietary supplement to maintain its level in the body as it has been found deficient in many normal adults. It is also used these days to increase the memory and processing power of the brain both instantly and permanently.
Mode of Action
GABA is a neurotransmitter, the groups of chemicals needed by the brain to communicate within itself and other parts of the body. It conveys the message sent from one neuron to the other. It helps the brain communicate effectively hence enabling it to process information and relay it to the other parts of the body more effectively. In addition to this, GABA also helps the nerve cells extend the connections to other nerve cells. This creates more pathways for the cells to connect, hence increasing the rate at which the brain processes information.
GABA is among some of the most beneficial neurological supplements. The chemical has been found to be effective for a number of conditions. The key benefits of using the substance as a supplement are
- Reduction in the risk of having hypertension
- It increases the cognitive power of the brain
- Memory has also been found to improve with the use of the chemical as a dietary supplement
- In children and toddlers, it has been found to accelerate the learning process when it comes to learning languages and vocabulary
- It strengthens the nerve fibers by helping build the protective coating that protects them
- Right after the use of the supplement, the abilities of the brain both cognitive and motor are immensely increased
- Permanent use of the chemical can lead to increased IQ Side Notes GABA has been marked safe for all adults. It has not been found to have nay side effects, yet in the pregnant females; it should only be used in accordance with the instructions of a doctor. The recommended daily dosage of the chemical is 90 to 120 mg 3 times a day but if the Doctor instructs otherwise, they should be followed.