Pyritinol (otherwise known as Pyrithioxine) is basically a dimer of Vitamin B molecules. In the structure of this chemical, each molecule consists of a pair of Vitamin B molecules attached to each other. The substance is regarded as an excellent brain booster and has very effective anti-hangover effects. Both the effects have been witnessed and studied in humans. It is also known for being a preventive measure of dementia and it does improve memory function and coordination of motor functions especially in elders. It is one of the very few mental ability enhancing food supplements which has no history of addiction or dependence.
Pyritinol is not a naturally occurring substance it is prepared chemically by combining two molecules of vitamin B with each other. It was initially developed as a hangover relief substance but it was later found out that when used in normal individuals as a food supplement it can help increase the mental abilities of the user. Since then the substance is in use as a supplement meant to increase the mental abilities of normal human beings.
Mode of Action
The supplement releases vitamin B in the blood stream and in the nerve cells. The Vitamin B is an important coenzyme which catalyzes a number of vital reactions going on in the human body and especially in the nervous system. It can hence help the body to perform better and the most evident effects are seen on the brain.
The users of the supplement have increased many folds since its benefits have been discovered. The most evident effects of the use of Pyritinol – Dihydrochloride on the human body as observed in laboratory studies and in practice are
- The users report that they have better abilities to focus on given problems after using the supplement
- The users who used the supplement for extended periods of time reported that they noticed an increase in their mental powers even when they were not under the effect of the supplement
- It has proven to be a potent hangover relief substance and can decrease the symptoms of hangover in very little time
- There has been evidence that the substance can help decrease the aging of brain and nervous system and hence prevent the onset of diseases like Parkinson’s disease
- Some studies on the effects of the supplement also state that it can help the brain work better in the state of stress
The substance is safe to be used as a dietary supplement as long as the guidelines are followed. The maximum safe dosage for adults is 400 mg per day to be taken in three doses or as directed by a registered medical practitioner. The peak positive effects of the substance start to appear after 4 weeks of continued use. To determine the safe dosage for individual use, the guidelines provided with the product must be followed. All the effects of the supplement noted in the previous section have been studied in the users and are proven to be real.